Open Day - Saturday 18th April
The Institute's two buildings - at 15 Tavern Street, and 13 Tower Street - will be open to the public between 10am and 4pm on Saturday 18th April.
Visitors will be able to:
• Learn about the Institute’s extensive Leisure Learning programme and to enrol on summer term courses
• Hear a little about the 190 year history of the Institute and the benefits of membership today – with a short introductory talk at 11am or 2pm
• Browse and buy from a book sale (ex-library stock)
• Enjoy a musical interlude at 1.30 and 3.30 provided by the Institute’s own ‘Strictly Flutes’ group of players
• Partake of refreshment from Pages Café.
This is a great opportunity to discover more about one of the Ipswich’s oldest establishments – a unique asset of which the region is justifiable proud.
posted 13 Apr 15