Notice of the 196th AGM
NOTICE OF ANNUAL GENERAL MEETING
Notice is hereby given to members that the 196th Annual General Meeting will be held virtually via Zoom on Friday 23rd April 2021 at 11 am.
1. Welcome by President, Mrs Anne Dunford OBE.
2. Apologies for absence.
3. Minutes of the previous Annual General Meeting and Matters Arising.
4. Presentation of the Trustees Annual Report by the Chairman, Mr C Budd and report from the Honorary Treasurer, Mrs C Wall.
5. To receive, approve and adopt the Report of the Committee of the Ipswich Institute together with the Accounts for the year ended 31st December 2020.
6. To elect the following to fill vacancies on the Committee:
Mr K Fletcher )
Mr K Windsor )
Mr J Field ) Retiring under Rule 5, offering themselves for reelection
Mrs G Whitbread )
Mr G Smith Co-opted during the year and standing for election
as required by Rule 5
There are three other vacancies on the Committee for which nominations may be made. A list of all nominations received will be exhibited in the Reading Room fourteen days prior to the Meeting, if possible, and on the Institute website if the Institute is closed.
7. To resolve that with effect from 1st June 2021 the annual subscriptions and joining fee will remain at:
Joining Fee £5
Single Member £60
Combined Household Membership £100
Members 90 years of age and over, with five year’s membership nil
Student membership £25
8. To receive and adopt an amendment to Byelaw 3 in order to extend the use of the facilities of the Institute to:
d. non-members while on the premises to attend publicly accessible educational courses and other activities
9. To re-appoint Scrutton Bland LLP as auditors for the ensuing year.
The Minutes of the previous Annual General Meeting held on Friday 26th April 2019 are available on request.
posted Fri, 02 Apr 21